The Quran is truly a living “Miracle”. The greatest miracle of Prophet Muhammad pbuh is the“Quran”. Quran is a living and linguistic miracle, it’s a a direct link between God and man. Quran reveals the ultimate reality of human which is beyond his perception (metaphysical world). The Quran is the guidance and mercy to mankind. The Quran is not only unique in its style and phraseology, but it was a challenge to the Arabs who were known for their eloquence and command of the Arabic language. No man could produce even one verse similar to that of the Quran. One finds amazing characteristics from every perspective. The challenge to reproduce the Quran was presented to the Arabs and all mankind in four stages :
1. The Whole Quran : In the Quran, Allah commanded the Prophet pbuh to challenge all of creation to create a book of the stature of the Quran.
Complete Quran challenge : “Say: ‘If all mankind and the jinn would come together to produce the like of this Quran, they could not produce its like even though they exerted all and their strength in aiding one another.’” (Quran surah Isra 17:88)
2. Ten Chapters challenge : Next, Allah made the challenge ostensibly easier by asking those who denied its divine origin to imitate even ten chapters of the Quran:
“Or do they say that he has invented it? Say (to them), ‘Bring ten invented chapters like it, and call (for help) on whomever you can besides God, if you are truthful.” (Quran surah Hud 11:13)
3. One Chapter challenge : This final challenge was to produce even a single chapter to match what is in the Quran, whose shortest chapter, al-Kawthar, consists of only three verses.
4. Finally One verse challenge : “And if you all are in doubt about what I have revealed to My servant, bring a single chapter like it, and call your witnesses besides God if you are truthful.” (Quran surah baqara 2:23)
The Holy Qur’an is indeed a miracle in many aspects, some of which are described here below:
- The Exclusive eloquence of the Qur’an.
- The Inimitable Quality of the Qur’an.
- The Scientific Miracle of the Qur’an.
- The Accuracy of the Historical Records in the Qur’an.
- The Predictions in the Qur’an.
- The Challenge of the Qur’an.
It has been proved that no one can produce such a magnificent book in the world. There is no such book in this world that can match with the Quran. It’s not just a religious or a spiritual book which purifies man’s soul but contains the details of vast universe, when man was lagging behind in the fields of knowledge and understanding. God invited man to explore the Universe. The reason He has endowed us with the faculty of the intellect and that He ordered us to ponder over His creation. So that we should stop comparing ourselves with a monkey (As per Drawin evolution theory whereas Quran negates it ). We are not evolved from a monkey to Humans. God created man and breathed of His spirit into man we call it the soul. Quran says mankind are the noblest of all creatures, it means the mankind are special creation of God. Man should need to understand that man are perfectly created by God.
Quran rather than going in details just highlights the subject so that man can study as per his choice what matters him the most or his level of aesthetic what impresses him more. God in the Holy Quran, summons humanity to investigate and reflect upon the heavens, the earth, mountains, stars, plants, seeds, animals, the alternation of the night and the day, number, the creation of man, the rain and many other created things. Examining these, man comes to recognize the artistry of God’s creation in the world around him, and ultimately, to know the Creator, Who created the entire universe and everything in it from nothing. It’s the only book which can be memorised by heart at any age from child to adult. It is such an honourable book that is beyond time, age (people) and physical law. The book highly influence the lives of the people when its law and order to be implemented. People of Arabs became the ruler of the world when Qur’an was taken as legislative book and charter of human life. As this book demands total submission that’s the beauty and supremacy of this book.
We have certainly sent down to you a Book in which is your mention. Then will you not reason? (Quran 21: 10)